General Question

What types of organizations do you fund?

We only grant to certain organizations with 501(c)(3) public charity status. We will consider requests from foreign organizations that already have an equivalency determination status certificate as equivalent to a public charity. Additionally, for organizations in a Fiscal Sponsorship relationship, we will only consider requests received from the qualified 501(c)(3) Fiscal Sponsor.  See our publication “Carrying out Your Charitable Purpose” for more information on different ways to accomplish charitable purposes, whether or not you have public charity status.


Organizations of the following types may apply:

501(c)(3) organizations further classified as509(a)(1) – 170(b)(1)(A)(i) through 170(b)(1)(A)(vi), or 509(a)(2)

Churches in the USA

Organizations with current equivalency determination status as a public charity

Aforementioned 501(c)(3) organizations serving as a Fiscal Sponsor


Organizations of the following types will not receive consideration:

509(a)(3) supporting organizations

Private foundations

501(c)(4) organizations

For-profit organizations

Foreign organizations that do not have current equivalency determination status



Only individuals authorized by the central leadership of the organization may submit on behalf of the organization.